Errors to birth certificates may be corrected by filing an amended birth certificate. The requirements to do so are listed below:
- The new amended birth certificate must be signed by self, parents, or legal guardian.
- Need valid Photo ID
- Must have Certified Copy of the original Birth Certificate
- Filing fee is $10, to the State Office of Vital Records made payable in the form of a money order
- $25 for a new birth certificate if you wish to purchase one at time of correction.
- For a list of documents required and instructions to file for an amended birth certificate, please visit the Amended Birth Certificate Instructions Page
- For a list of required documents to amend a birth certificate please click here.
- The form to file for an Amended Birth Certificate may be found here.